WHAT IS BAPTISM?
In the Old Testament, baptism means washing or cleansing. It was a ritual that symbolized purity. In the New Testament, it continued to have that meaning but another element was added. Baptism also became symbolic of death and resurrection. The immersion of the body under the water indicates death to an old way of life and the raising of the body out of the water indicates the resurrection to a new way of life as a follower of Christ.
HOW DO I GET BAPTIZED?
- During the worship gathering: respond to the invitation and/or fill out the Connection Card, which goes to an elder
- Email email@example.com, then you will be contacted for a meeting with an elder
- Meet with an elder, tell your story (spiritual journey)
- Set an appointment to give your testimony via video; suggest writing it out ahead of time, no more than 3 min
WHAT HAPPENS ON THE DAY?
- You meet with the pastor and baptism team 20 min before the service; go through the details of what happens in the water
- Your testimony video will show before you are baptized
- You will be recognized and given an new Bible at the end of the service
- At that time, you will also be paired up with someone to help disciple you